Extra thick electric front plates?

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New skirting is thicker than original and some plugs don't fit (vacuum cleaner in particular, which is most used there). I was going to caulk around it, but wondering if there are extra deep front plates ( or whatever they're called). Not as deep as surface mounted, just around 1cm deeper than standard.

Googling, all i could find was spacers, but they looked wider so would need more cutting around and not look as neat.

IMG_20230506_193513079.jpg

Sponsored Links
Googling, all i could find was spacers, but they looked wider so would need more cutting around and not look as neat.
Spacers would seem to be what you need, and they shouldn't be any bigger than the accessory's front plate (otherwise they would look daft in service).

Kind Regards, John

Google socket spacers,lot available to space off that socket.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230506-204658_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230506-204658_Chrome.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 38
The only ones I ever knew to be thicker were MK. The original square-cornered Logic series from the 70s had two thicknesses of accessory. The thicker plates were designed for 25mm boxes, the thinner for 35. But no-one followed the rules!

Sponsored Links
My brother had some black spaces on a new set of sockets -
BUT we had this issue in the landing on our old house , was fine up until moulded plugs and adapters - so i just turned the socket upside down, mine was closer to the floor as well

doesn't say how thick it is - But my brothers sockets were onto of a marble splash back and so these in black solved the issue , maybe 2 together

Last edited:
Perhaps a Click Converter plate and DSSO if this really can't be raised to an acceptable height?

As John says, the spacers are what you need.

But moving the socket boxes up higher, or cutting the bottom of the skirting boards before they went on, would have prevented this pig's ear of an abortion.

I agree, but that's not going to happen any time soon.

Do it while you're still refurbing that room. It's easy.

There will never be a better time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back