Extra underfloor heating wiring

Try and understand what I've said.

Sorry you will have to spell it out, I have tried hard to see any discrepancy. There is the possibility we have come across different systems, the wiring I have described has worked on a variety of types and makes and some of it has been in use for years.

In case I have not described in sufficient detail:-
1) Live feed to space stat, then to return manifold stat, then to live of valve motor, neutral to other side of motor. I can see no reason the valve should not open.
2) Live feed to valve switch, then to live side of pump and relay coil, neutral to the other side. I can see no reason the valve switch will not run the pump and operate the relay.
3) Relay contact will then enable the boiler.
Live feed means the time clock live output, or any other controller, interlock etc. I must also stress that the valve actuators are frequently 24Vac devices and may not have switches on them (especially the heated wax types) so the relay will need to be 24Vac and the pump controlled by a relay contact.
I have applied the above method to systems where the mixing valve is either thermostatic mehanical or modulating electric and anything from one to many tens of individual UFH pipes, each with their own valve and thermostat(s).

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back