Extractor fan pull cord help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just had a bathroom extractor fan fitted and it has been wired so that it comes on whenever you turn the bathroom lights on.

I find this a bit annoying as its quite noisy and would like to be able to turn it on and off independantly.

Can anyone suggest the best way of doing this? One obvious way wouod be to have a separate pull cord for the extractor, but this would mean having two pull cords and therefore two pull cord boxes on the ceiling next to each other which might look abit odd...

Can you get a switch that has two pull cords coming from the same unit on the ceiling?

Thanks,
Matt

Sponsored Links
No you cant get a pull switch with 2 strings.

There are a few options though.

You could get a PIR fan that switches on when you go in the room (but that is not much different to what you currently have)

You could get a humidistat fan which will switch its self on when the room gets too steamy.

Get used to the noise.

Or get a quieter Centrifugal fan

The way it is installed is ideal.

If the room has no windows, it must be an automatic set-up.

Sponsored Links
Its just that 9 times out of 10 we only go in there to use the toilet or the sink and having the fan on is completely pointless. I guess my best option is to go for a second pull cord which operates the fan separately...

Did you know the reason you can smell anything is because in order to smell something, it must become soluble in your nose?

:confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back