extractor fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
mackeral said:
And my extractor fan isnt working to its potential ...

I fitted a shower to my bathroom 3 months ago. My extractor fan only works when the bathroom light is on.
As a result the exterior wall above my bathroom window has now started to develop areas of black mould.
Do I need to get my extracter working every time I shower?
What can I do to help stop mould appearing on the wall?

split from hi-jacked post

Sponsored Links
you really should of put the fan above the shower ,but never mind , always have fan on when using shower and maybe open the window slightly to reduce condensation , get a strong mould remover from a diy store eg :B&Q than after a couple of coats ,give a thick coat of paint.

Either get it altered to a separate pull switch or change it for one with a humidistate which will come on when the air is moiste.

Jason

Sponsored Links
the only thing is depending on how its been wired there may be no permanant live to the fan so you may have to fiddle with the wires either in the ceiling rose or the switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back