F E tank over flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully someone can give me some advise.

Basically i have treated my system with x400 and now drained it twice and added x100. The overflow in the F E still flows when pump is put on number 3 also i have noticed when heating is turned off it squirts out a little while shutting down . My system is a back boiler open vented .

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Either the plumbing's wrong, or there are deposits in the pipe which X400 isn't strong enough to shift.
It's a VENT not an overflow, if you mean the one going back into the tank. Extending its height can help, depending.

post some picture of the piping around the pump, being sure to show the F&E pipe and the vent pipe where they join the system and where they are related to the pump.

Tell us how far above the F&E tank is the bend in the vent pipe

well i think the system design is ok as i have not changed anything and this only recently started to happen ill try and get some pics up .

Sponsored Links
Vent pipe is a bit low but it looks like there is not a lot of room to improve that.
Do you know what the two gatevalves are for?
With a backboiler, I doubt if one bottle of x400 will do the job, and would not care to wager that one x800 follow up treatment would be sufficient either.
Two rinses seem very little two get rid of all the gunk.
I did the last part of a chemical clean on a sealed system that had been cleaned twice before I did it and needed to “rinse” it 5 times to get it clean.
You can safely assume that your system had between 10 and 100 times more dirt in it than the one I did last week.

A Magnaclean will also help by trapping circulating black muck that has been loosened.

well i think ill wait until the summer and give it a good blast and take all the rads off etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back