F**in Rear Fog Lights

I think cars should be made that when the light are turned off, fog lights go off & to put them on again it is necessary to use another turn of the swith or a different switch.
As far as front fog, I think in twilight these used with sidelights are better than dipped headlights, fog lights always SHINE DOWN, dipped headlights who knows where they shine.

Sponsored Links
I think cars should be made that when the light are turned off, fog lights go off & to put them on again it is necessary to use another turn of the swith or a different switch.
As far as front fog, I think in twilight these used with sidelights are better than dipped headlights, fog lights always SHINE DOWN, dipped headlights who knows where they shine.

no no no. :rolleyes:

quite apart from the law side of the issue a fog light is not part of the MOT, therefore it is not set/adjusted correctly to not dazzle oncoming drivers as dipped beams are. fog lights do not always shine down, they are a wide beam lense designed to light a large area to give maximum short distance clarity in dense fog.

if you have ever used a fog light as its designed to be used you would know what i mean.

What I know is if a fog light aint shinning down..then there is no point in being on.

I was under the impression it was illegal to drive with fog lights unless dipped heads were in use.
My mundane Mondeo W plate, the headlamp switch when turned off turns fogs off as well.
JonB

Sponsored Links
The law, as presented by The Highway Code, states that front and rear fog lights must not be used unless visibility is seriously reduced - which generally means when you cannot see further than 100 metres (328 feet) - and that they must be switched off once the visibility improves.

Using rear fog lights when visibility is greater than 100 metres can mask the brake lights and dazzle those drivers following, thus increasing the risk of a rear-end collision rather than reducing it.

Many years ago When i was driving all over the country for a living, the first thing i did was fit rear fogs on my car, withe the theory that i was driving within my limits and wanted to let the numties behind that i was there. They were linked through the headlight dip switch.

Back