F4 LEAK SEALER

CTM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed new hot water cylinder "direct" used only with an immersion, not connected to any boiler, however, I have a slight weep from the fittings. No matter how much PTFE tape I use it still weeps.

Can you use F4 LEAK SEALER on a direct hot water cylinder.

Sponsored Links
No you can't. F4 is for adding to sealed systems like combis, via the radiators etc.

No additives should ever be added to a direct system like yours, as unlike a sealed system, whatever is added to your cylinder will be in the hot water that comes out of your taps. It is not designed to come into contact with skin, or possibly even be drunk.

Which of the connections on your cylinder is giving problems?

It is the supply and 2 off blank fittings that are leaking, the immersion and the outlet are OK.

The leak is only a slight weep and only when under the addiotiona pressure of the hot water tank head, the cylinder on its own doesn't leak if you isolate the supply at the bottom of the cylinder.

is it leaking on the mi side (thread) or the compression side of the fitting

Sponsored Links
did you wrap the ptfe the oppersite way to screwing it in ?
stops it coming undone when fitting.

i have got some Fernox LS-X external leak I have had some sucess with it, however, I suppose I will just have to add more.

I can't remember how many times exactly, however it was a significan t no.

How may times would you recommend?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back