Facebook romance scammers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all.

I’m currently still on furlough and really bored.

Out of the blue the other day I got a friend request from a “lovely young lady” on Facebook who I obviously struck up a conversation with straight away. Lo and behold, a day later I received another friend request from another “lovely young lady”. What a coincidence. I’ve already established that the photos they are using are not real (quelle surprise)

They were both pushy to move away from Facebook messenger and onto WhatsApp, so I fished out my old burner phone - a pay as you go phone with no credit on it and a number I’m happy to lose, charged it up, I’ve done exactly that. Now here’s another coincidence - the numbers they are using are both in Ivory Coast in Africa. I haven’t yet worked out if they are both the same person or two separate scammers.

I’m now in conversation with both. I’ve set my self up as an unhappily married banker working in London. None of which is true by the way.

Now as I have literally nothing better to do with my time at the moment, I’d like to have some fun wasting theirs.

Has anyone tried this before? I’m very open to suggestions as to how to proceed with this, and if you want me to, I’ll take you all along for the journey.

Sponsored Links
My suggestion is to drop it completely,

These lovely ladies are almost certainly professional criminals ( and probably male ) who are skilled at extracting information about their victims from social media, forums and other information sources.

Does the old mobile phone have any GPS / location ability that they could utilise by hacking ?

Playing along could be fun but is high risk.

Has anyone tried this before? I’m very open to suggestions as to how to proceed with this, and if you want me to, I’ll take you all along for the journey.
Yes. I had a scammer contact me years ago - his high high ranking Nigerian oil minister father had died, wanted to get money out of the country via my bank account etc. Even sent me pictures of a corpse in a casket and pictures of him and his sister at the funeral. For fun, I pretended to fancy the sister and said I was looking for a wife and that made him think he had hooked me even more. I pretended to be a wealthy businessman and I was often away on business where I made up a fake email address for my manservant, Tye Tanus, and got him to pass messages on to me through him. I even sent him pictures of me to show to his sister although the pictures were all of Borat - one of them was him in his lime green 'mankini'. Anyway, it went on and on for a couple of weeks or more and I wore him down. Eventually he sent me one final email that just said "Steve, stop. I have found someone else". :LOL::LOL:

Sponsored Links
Didn't someone on here a few years ago post about a scammer who was scammed, even getting the scammer to get tattoos and post pictures having them done, during the healing process and finally when they had healed?

Does anyone remember the post? I don't think it was the poster who did it, rather they linked to a story somewhere else.

My suggestion is to drop it completely,

These lovely ladies are almost certainly professional criminals ( and probably male ) who are skilled at extracting information about their victims from social media, forums and other information sources.

Does the old mobile phone have any GPS / location ability that they could utilise by hacking ?

Playing along could be fun but is high risk.

I like to think I’m pretty careful about what information I share online (very little). Facebook is the only social media I use and I have that locked down to the maximum

I managed to catch one of them off guard last night by video calling at about 4am and he accidentally answered and then fairly quickly ended the call lol

The phone has gps turned off, and the number has never been given to anyone at all.

There are several comedy sketches where the comedian plays the innocent victim when a scammer calls. Very funny.

They contacted you on Facebook and you accepted a friend request? They probably already know who you are.

hi all.

I’m currently still on furlough and really bored.

Out of the blue the other day I got a friend request from a “lovely young lady” on Facebook who I obviously struck up a conversation with straight away. Lo and behold, a day later I received another friend request from another “lovely young lady”. What a coincidence. I’ve already established that the photos they are using are not real (quelle surprise)

They were both pushy to move away from Facebook messenger and onto WhatsApp, so I fished out my old burner phone - a pay as you go phone with no credit on it and a number I’m happy to lose, charged it up, I’ve done exactly that. Now here’s another coincidence - the numbers they are using are both in Ivory Coast in Africa. I haven’t yet worked out if they are both the same person or two separate scammers.

I’m now in conversation with both. I’ve set my self up as an unhappily married banker working in London. None of which is true by the way.

Now as I have literally nothing better to do with my time at the moment, I’d like to have some fun wasting theirs.

As said.Let it drop...Find something better to do with your time rather than involving yourself with criminal gangs who defraud millions from people and bring untold misery.Do not poke around a hornets nest then twist about being stung..Seems to me these gangs are v v devious and in many cases,one step ahead of the game.

The funniest "wind up a scammer" I saw on YouTube was one of those dummy Microsoft callers.

The youtube guy managed to do remote access to the scammers computer and wiped his hard drive.

The Indian scammer was rather upset.

Sponsored Links
Back