fAILED SLATE DAMP MEMBRANE---Dryzone or Traditional??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have an indication of some rising damp in front and rear walls of 30's mid-terraced house. There is a slate membrane but am looking to suppliment this with either Dryzone type silicone injection or more traditional chemical injection. Does anyone have experience of the former??

The damp issue is in part a result of slabbing at to high a level which I intend to rectify at the same time.
Any opinions appreciated.

Sponsored Links
aspley,

I've had the Dryzone silicone tretment done to my place about 2 years ago and have no complaints. I didn't do it myself though - got some approved damprofers as I wanted peace of mind and the government backed guarantee.

aspley,

I've had the Dryzone silicone tretment done to my place about 2 years ago and have no complaints. I didn't do it myself though - got some approved damprofers as I wanted peace of mind and the government backed guarantee.

That is a new one on me, are you sure its government backed.

if you rectify the slabs which are bridging the damp course, you won't need a new dpc

Sponsored Links
if you rectify the slabs which are bridging the damp course, you won't need a new dpc

What you say JohnD I know makes sense..................there is a school of thought that questions the efectiveness of any silicon/injection damp.....the real solution I agree is to remove the problem.......thanks for reinforcing that thought.

I am also surprised as is Anobium, by this Govenment backed g'tee.

Have injected Dryzone myself and it does work (approx 150 yr old property).

But also agree with others: solving the problem is a must!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back