Fair do's or unfair.

E

EddieM

Evading tax is rightly frowned upon, but is the HMRC applying 20 years of retrospective tax to people using loan schemes (legal at the time) Fair? Sure you can question the dubiousness of the schemes, but really? retrospective when it was legal at the time?

Sponsored Links
Two things you can guarantee in life - death and taxes. Only the stupidest deliberately avoid paying their fair share. Boils my pi$$.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I live in a village, a small community. Unusually for the modern village, we are not all rich.

Everyone in the village plays their part & we all know what part we play.

Those that don't pull their weight or shun their responsibilities, well they have a few chances. First we put them right, then we shut them down.

If you don't or won't play your part . . . Don't expect a warm welcome in t'pub, t'Post Office or t'shop.

I live in a village, a small community. Unusually for the modern village, we are not all rich.

Those that don't pull their weight or shun their responsibilities, well they have a few chances. First we put them right, then we shut them down.

If you don't or won't play your part . . . Don't expect a warm welcome in t'pub, t'Post Office or t'shop.

WTF??

Two things you can guarantee in life - death and taxes. Only the stupidest deliberately avoid paying their fare share. Boils my pi$$.

And only the utterly stupid pay more tax than they are liable for.

define fair share?
I can't. Sorry. Rant over.

I am a family man with a wife and two sprogs. I work my nuts off all year to be 'comfortable'. I happily pay my 20% or the 40% when asked to. Those billionaire global companies that get away with stupid percent boil my pi$$, simply because they have the financial resources to conjure up tax avoiding schemes.

I salute the government for cracking down on tax evading dodgers and have zero sympathy for them.

Likewise, I am not rich, single man band, still cough up over 20k a year in tax. (didn't have any loans BTW) do take some dividends though.

Read that back when you're sober. :p

Sponsored Links
Back