Fan for normal double panel radiator

Have a dyson and tbh couldnt wish for a better vacuum.
Only cost £120.
How much is the Miele?

Don't remember but we got a promotional offer on a 10 year guarantee with it and get bags/filters delivered to our door every 3 months. The bags are a great advantage as they trap the dust better and it's much cleaner and easier to throw a bag away rather than emptying a messy canister. Filtration, noise levels and build quality are all miles better than a Dyson. Don't think we'll ever purchase another vacuum.

Sponsored Links
it's much cleaner and easier to throw a bag away rather than emptying a messy canister.

got to disagree there, our dyson you press one button to detach the canister, hold over bin, press a button, bottom opens, contents fall out, close canister.

you don't even have to touch anything dirty/dusty

For the original poster!

It would not be very effective!

The "fins" make up a significant part of the heat conducting surface for the natural convection air movement.

However, all that heat has to flow through that fin from its connection onto the radiator surface.

Its very thin metal and although its OK for natural convection it would not transfer much more heat if you fanned it.

A nice idea until you look at in in more detail.

Tony

it's much cleaner and easier to throw a bag away rather than emptying a messy canister.

got to disagree there, our dyson you press one button to detach the canister, hold over bin, press a button, bottom opens, contents fall out, close canister.

you don't even have to touch anything dirty/dusty

Where did I write that? :confused:

But I completely agree. The dust goes over the hedge with mine (only when the wind is heading the neighbours direction mind ) ;) and not into a bin and then landfill.
Bagged cleaners should be banned IMO or a £1000 fine for tossing them into bins.

Sponsored Links
Thanks clf-gas,Agile & David937, I was thinking on lines of what David937 is doing but feel the comments by clf-gas & Agile may be right in the way the fins are designed, if I could find a long cylinder type fan with gentle flow similar to the NuAire PPV fan I have in loft that uses less than 16w I would give it a try but a normal fan would be to much and defeat the object, never mind my bright ideas keep my old rusty brain ticking over.
As for the Dyson we got the early DC01 when they first came out, it was an unwanted gift so new for £125, it has had a couple of bits replaced such as sole plate and hose mostly due to wife being a bit rough as she is with me but she loves it and it does a fair job just not got groove in base to clean to edge so have to use hose, we was filters and reuse several times, I have a spare in loft with pet type filter but costly to replace filters, I bought a Kirby Generation 4 full outfit like new for £100, an old lady bought it new but found it to much for a 1 bed flat so hardly used I got it off her son on eBay mainly for the shampoo job, we live in sandy area and picks up on shoes then into carpets but the Kirby really get the sand out from bottom of pile the way the picks up carpet and vibrates it, wife can't handle it so I run it over all carpets about 4 times a year to get sand out, they are well built but way over priced new and parts are costly but what can you get for £100 today. An engineer I got s/h Dyson spares off said newer models are fancy but poor compared to first few models.

the problem is, this is trying to be a fan coil unit, designed to transfer heat to air at maximum rate.
consequence radiators dont do that, so all you blow is cold air ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back