Fan Isolator in a Utility Room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You can't have a fan isolator in a bathroom with a fan. Can you have one in the same space as the fan in a utility room?
Or kitchen for that matter...?
Can they be manual or do they have to be automatic?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
You can have a fan isolator in a bathroom, as long as it is suitable for the zone it is installed in.

You can have one in any room you like, aslong as the switch is suitable for it's environment.

I'm not sure what you mean by manual or automatic?

You can have a fan isolator in a bathroom, as long as it is suitable for the zone it is installed in.

You can have one in any room you like, aslong as the switch is suitable for it's environment.

I'm not sure what you mean by manual or automatic?

Automatic I mean worked off the light switch on/ off, maybe with over run.
Manual being maybe a pull cord.

What height would you mount the isolator in a utility room?

Wherever you fancy mounting it, somewhere adjacent to the fan so it is obvious that it is for it will be a good idea.

Sponsored Links
Yep.

Don't mount it at light switch height though, just to discourage people using it to switch the fan on and off, as this will stop timer fans for having their over-run period.

Yep.

Don't mount it at light switch height though, just to discourage people using it to switch the fan on and off, as this will stop timer fans for having their over-run period.

Thanks RF !
Just out of interest if my maths is reasonable? If you spent 30 seconds/ thread reply or start, you have spent 3.2 days on this web forum.
Or it could be worse if you have taken longer per post :eek:

Guess you already thought about that in another thread.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back