fan runs all the time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I had to change the pressue swtch on a vokera excel 80sp after doing so when the boiler is sitting on hot water only mode the fan runs all the time with no taps turned on?

Have i connected the wiring wong?

Am now getting luke warm water at taps but boiler looks like it is firing to full buner?

Any clues

Sponsored Links
When you say you had to change pressure switch, what switch are you talking about? Why was the switch replaced?

Wiring is not wrong, it cannot be wrong. You only have two wires and two tags. how can it be wrong.

If burner is at full burn, and water is luke warm, suggest boiler is in need of service. Do be aware, boiler cannot be serviced in ten minutes. Kind of service I am talking about is as detailed in the book. It is not a 'spring clean' as often is carried out by many 'engineers'.

By the way, fan does run, but at slow speed. It goes to high speed when there is a demand for heating or hot water.

When you say you had to change pressure switch, what switch are you talking about? Why was the switch replaced?

Wiring is not wrong, it cannot be wrong. You only have two wires and two tags. how can it be wrong.

If burner is at full burn, and water is luke warm, suggest boiler is in need of service. Do be aware, boiler cannot be serviced in ten minutes. Kind of service I am talking about is as detailed in the book. It is not a 'spring clean' as often is carried out by many 'engineers'.

By the way, fan does run, but at slow speed. It goes to high speed when there is a demand for heating or hot water.

I changed the air pressure swith from the fan as it was not activating until i blew on the tube. I mean't the three connections on the switch but i understand they would not be a problem. Could it be diverter valve or choked fan?

Turn on a hot tap. Check central heating flow pipe from the boiler. If this pipe is heating up, you need to service the diverter valve.........good luck........

Sponsored Links
If you are corgi registered you'd best stay away from that type of boiler until you have a little more experience. If you aren't you'd best stay away from that type of boiler because you will continue buying unneceesary stuff and wasting a whole load of time, and you'll end up convincing yourself they are no good and buy yourself a new boiler. I think I'm a profet.

Good reply Paul..

OP, I suspect your boiler has not been service for many moons. It is high time you get someone in to service the boiler AS PER THE MANUAL and almost all your trouble will be gone. A service is not a spring clean with a hoover.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back