Vokera Excell 80SP - No hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vokera Excell 80SP which is giving heating but almost no hot water. The boiler does not fire up when i turn the water tap. I only have lukewarm/cold water when the boiler is on heating mode/demand. When the boiler is on standby mode (i.e. no demand for heating) the boiler makes a lot of noise (like a pump operating). Any ideas what the problem could be? Freddy

Sponsored Links
Why not do a search. Has been cover umpteen times already.

It's just about flow sensing. When you draw hot water this creates pressure against a rubber membrane (diaphragm) it doesn't matter whether this is positive or negative,m the facty is the diaphragm moves, which makes an electrical contact, which tells the pump to come on, fan to come on and burner to ignite, then you get hot water (if the hydraulic part of the diverter valve is working correctly).

Now it is usually the diaphragm gone manky with age and not having sufficient flexibility or worse torn, that doesn't move the microswitch with sufficient force to commence the necessary chain of events. The part is about £7 at daylight robery stockists and £1.99 at others.

Labour to diagnose and fit £45 for businesses out of lucrative areas, could be anything from £75 to £150 in lucrative markets.

If you live in a lucrative market consider moving to a far better place. Unless you are there because you are rich or stupid or both.

Of course this is not a diagnosis, one needs to be sat in front of boiler to do that correctly, part of what you pay for, the other part is a safety inspection advise and as required appropriate action.

We charge £106 inclusive to diagnose the fault and complete the repair in the London area.

The complete kit of bits is about £25 inc vat if I remember rightly. Says Vokera on the packet and included that "figure of eight" "O" ring.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Excellent value in a highly populated area where traffic is most of the time at gridlock congestion charges apply and car clampers lie in wait round every tree there isn't a speed camera on.

Ahh, what a great life it is in Scarborough, no clampers no speed cameras, 5 minutes between jobs (outside holiday season). £20 to local council secures a trade parking permit can park vertually anywhere all day.

Corgi man is coming to join me soon!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back