Vokera Excell 80Sp pilot light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vokera Excell 80Sp and the pilot light keeps going out, however:

In off position it remains lit.

In either water or heating mode with no demand the light goes out.

In heating mode, and demand from room stat, all is well.

(Replaced thermocouple less than 2months)
Can anyone help???

Sponsored Links
A good service by the sound of it.

when was it last serviced properly not a bg wipe over.

I would advise you NOT to switch the boiler off as the fan will not run if the left hand control is in OFF position. This will indeed put the pilot out after a prolonged period and might even take out the sealks on the heat exchanger unions.

If the pilot is going out, what pressure are you running the boiler at. This boiler is not prone to pilot outage. Do not change the thermocouple as it is highly unlikely to be defective

Boiler should be serviced as above post suggests. Service shoul;d be a proper service and not the one that takes 15 minutes and is carried out without going into the boiler.

Above defect can have various causes. To do a remote diagnoses is unfair without relevant data.

Sponsored Links
The original problem still exists.

However after a few no shows from heating companies, I endeavoured to investigate the problem myself.

Found high resistance faults on Main Flow switch and air diff. switch.
But the problem still exists.

Instruction manual fault finding diagrams, suggest:

" Check flame supervision system according to procedure 5 laid down in B.G. Multimeter book."

Is this possible for a competent Electrical eng?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back