fan speeds different ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I couldnt get a fan for a sime boiler,so i tried taking the complete motor and bracket off a worcester fan i had,it fitted back in the same holes onto the sime base and when tried out of position was running great,i tried it and it was running but no ignition came on,it would stop then try again or go to lock out.I tried blowing down aps,when it was in sequence and it would fire up,put tube on and seconds later cut out,i checked,just linking aps out and it would fire up,then cut out,fire up and stay on for 10 min,then cut off and keep trying to light.I never try just changing anything on a fan,its always a new one,is there a chance the motor isnt strong enough for this boiler,but it has a aps,exact same as worcester boiler,fan is off,any ideas .Thanks

Sponsored Links
how many times are you going to post this question? expert 1 said: no, and so did 2, 3 and 4. are you waiting for a cowboy to tell you it is fine?

May I refer you to previous posts here
and one I replied to :- here

I gave you more leeway there than I should have.

So OK you tried it and it hasn't worked.
Please get a Corgi repair engineer out to it.

Sponsored Links
Your a clever one aren't you, what you are doing is technically in breach of the gas safety, installation and use regulations.

Get someone who knows what they are doing before you hurt yourself or someone else.

James

Ok,then,why is it so dangerous,if the actual base is correct and the motor is off a fan the same voltage and is the same in its size and states same speed,it isnt dangerous,as it is all correctly fitted,the bracket is the same and fitted into same holes,theres no extra wires,so no low/fast speed,i will fit the fan,it needs,but as they are freezing,and you know how they are with young kids,i did tell them"i was given a fan i oredered on wed,but they got the wrong one,and i will try and change the motor,so at least yuntil tuesday,they have heat on.I am asking because i have never tried this,but have read on here people changing bearings,so please tell us why it is so dangerous

Topic title
Re: fan speeds different ?

is there a chance the motor isnt strong enough for this boiler

the motor is off a fan the same voltage and is the same in its size and states same speed

If the fan is fitted by the manufacturer then it is strong enough. While you seem capable enough of swapping this motor over and have obviously tried that, it has not worked and there is probably something that you have overlooked that a competent engineer can pick up on.

they are freezing,and you know how they are with young kids,

If you were Corgi you would have not asked the questions you have.

I sympathise with the plight of the cold and the unwashed which is why I give advice on here on the understanding that the recipient of the information does anything themselves at their own risk. There are also disclaimers at the top of the forum.
In a situation such as this where the OP has raised doubts about their competence through inconsistencies in their postings and are working on a boiler other than their own, then I believe I have a duty of care to try and ensure safety.
You have left the boiler in a semi operating condition which could be dangerous. You are also working illegally as it is not your boiler. This is outside the terms of my giving advice and I dare say anyone elses on this forum.
Whilst I admire your determination to keep these people warm in their home please understand that I am not being a †vv@† when I say that I cannot offer you any more advice on this subject.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back