Fan wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all Have just bought a Xpelair CF20 to replace a 20w axial fan that basically didn`t work,it was operated via a pull cord on fan.There was a live,neutral and earth to the old fan.Is it just simply a case of wiring up the new fan in the same way given that it will be operated via a pull cord as well.There is an isolator switch outside the bathroom.
Thanks
and BTW what a great site!

Sponsored Links
Is it a time delay fan? Do you want the time delay to function? How many wires do you have available, and what colours?

hi have one red ,one black and one earth.Just want the fan to operate manually with the pull cord,just a simply on/off sort of thing.Don`t think it is a time delay fan,in fact no it`s definately not

Should just be a case of red to live, blue to neutral and green/yellow to earth. :)

Sponsored Links
Cheers Seemed too good to be true!Only thing is apparently just discovered the pull cord only boosts the humidity speed,so how do you switch it on given that it ain`t wired to the light switch?I guess i need to wire it to the light switch.How do i do that?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back