Fantastic what they can do now...

Sponsored Links
Never mind the timber ..........The damp course is failing................. :LOL: :LOL: :eek: :oops: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The image of the damp proof course failing, Is that the evidence that we all needed to see from the debate on here of "rising damp does not exist" It sure looks like its rising on that pic

The image of the damp proof course failing, Is that the evidence that we all needed to see from the debate on here of "rising damp does not exist" It sure looks like its rising on that pic

Well, what have you got to say about this Softus? ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
anobium said:
Well, what have you got to say about this Softus? ;) ;) ;)
Well if you'd asked me to look at this topic I might have answered sooner :rolleyes:

Anyway, I've looked at the images, and they're very pretty. One caption says this:

Damp applications - the image on the left clearly locates where the d.p.c. is failing.

So what I have to say is: what are the answers to the following questions?

1. Where is this building?
2. Who has seen it?
3. How was the damp assessed/measured?
4. What remedy was chosen?
5. What remedy was deployed?
6. What was the reduction in damp?
7. How was it measured?
8. Over what period was it measured?
9. How long did it take for the level of damp to become less than an acceptable degree?

So, anobium, rather than take delight in yet another arbitrary sighting of so-called rising damp, don't you feel even the slightest inclination to wait for a description of the problems that are so colourfully presented, before making your mind up?

On another topic (for some reason) said:
Softus, what is it with you. You give bryan walker a diagnosis based on the benefit of a single comment and yet you slate me in another thread under general discussions for allegedly doing the same thing.
I haven't slated you on this topic, which without doubt is the one you referred to (above). If you point me towards the words from which you've inferred a slating, then I'll happily reword them in the hope that you won't be offended, since that wasn't my intention.

anobium said:
It is not possible to advise somebody what the cause of the dampness is based on one statement.
Well, perhaps, but I suspect an argument about this would simply disguise your real beef, and I'm not sure what that is yet.

anobium said:
Oh! I forget, your the one who believes he is never wrong icon_wink.gif
I'm on record as saying that I'm rarely wrong, not never wrong, and this is true. I've also said that when I'm wrong I openly admit it, and if an apology is due then I offer one. I can give you a recent example of both, if you like.

anobium said:
Well not only were you wrong in your assumptions that I had made a diagnosis, I merely asked for your comments on the images shown, but you as is your want , answered a question with nine questions.
Assumptions? it would be most unlike me to make an assumption. :eek:

Regarding the questions, I wasn't asking you, and it seems slightly egotistical of you to think that I was. You asked me for my thoughts, and I wrote them down. In no way was that intended to be provocative, but my well-documented postulate about rising damp was provocative. The topic sets out that fact right at the outset (first sentence, if I remember correctly).

anobium said:
This must be a record even for you.
I'm not counting, and I don't know why you are. All of my questions were relevant, and if you want to know in what way, why not just ask me?

anobium said:
Get on your bike mate and stick to plumbing
I don't know why you're resorting to jibes, but if you're going to do so then I recommend that you make them more punchy. Here's a handful that would strike closer to home than the frankly ridiculous notion that my knowledge is restricted to the subject of plumbing:

Hey! Baldy! Yes, you!

or...

Were you born with that nose or did you have an accident with a mangle?

or...

Is that a vent key in your pocket, or are you just pleased to see me?

anobium said:
I hope this makes sense but I could not let him get away by slagging me again
Slagging? Again? I can only guess that the reason you find "slaggings" in my posts is because you feel that you deserve to be "slagged". :confused:

anobium said:
The man must have a very sad life.
I used to work with somebody who was afflicted this way, you don't by any chance chew aspirins do you softus? icon_wink.gif icon_wink.gif icon_wink.gif
Clearly you feel a need to make personal comments, but I don't have anything else to say about this.

Back