FAO Breezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Breezer,

seem to remember you are into your alarms..

Whats the Loudest (forget legal ;) sounder.. its to go inside a garage..

seem to remember that there are some lethal ones about.. also wheres the best bet to get them from if the local wholesaler doesnt sell them?

Cheers

David

Sponsored Links
Go for a MasterBlaster.

They are very loud. (a huge motor powered siren)

Trust me, in a confined space they are painful. I have one in my garage.

Expect to pay circa £80 for a new one though.

There are some far more expensive solutions available, some that produce white/random noise and can actually make you feel sick, by that may be overkill for your situation and their name escapes me at the moment.

HTH

mechanical sirens are loud but can be stopped in 2 seconds flat, you can do the same with an electronic one.

if you do get one make sure it stops after 20 mins otherwise the council can gain entry, (with a lock smith) "de activate" the siren and send you a bill for the privelage

Sponsored Links
Something like Clansman or similar? I am frustrated too Breezer, as I can "see" the name, but it won't come!

It is fitted in our local Forbuoys newsagents and a sign warns that it can cause disorientation and nausea.

Excellent! That's what we want....

speaking of the above sounder, i have actually heard one, dont know about being unbearable to the intruder, you have to go in to switch it off, they really do "exactly what it says on the tin"

regarding my post on mechanical sirens it shoud have read

mechanical sirens are loud but can be stopped in 2 seconds flat, you can not do the same with an electronic one

i am not saying how to quiten one, but mechanical sirens generate noise buy sucking in air through the centre and blowing it out the sides, no air, no noise

the frequency sweeping sounders using ceramic blades to generate the sound are certainly painful and disorientating especially in confined spaces like rooms try a google search for those.

Yeah, that's the one, inferno, but I think they are hundreds of pounds.

Breezer, you can silence even a SCB with an axe quite quickly, I take your point about mechanical sounders, but if positioned well and perhaps even mechanically protected it'd take a while to get to one.

Also, you'd be a brave man to go near a masterblaster on full chat, if the noise doesn't get you, I've seen a guy nearly loose a finger in the fan blades!!

ooi, a school i used to go to had a load of wooden buildings built in the 60's, and the fire alarms in these buildings were square things with a large mesh on the front. And they made a loud vibrating sound - the walls used to vibrate with them. No siren, just vibrations, very loud. Any idea how these work?

Made you want to get out (though you had to walk right past them to get out), and you would wonder what it was for the first few seconds - not normal fire alarms. Maybe they have been replaced now in favour of more normal sounding sirens.

I used to work in an office that was a converted section of factory - 20' ceiling and all. At one end was the fire alarm, a motor-driven siren which was designed to be heard over factory machinery, and it was so loud that people would leave the office and stand outside when they knew an alarm test was going to happen. It really was physically painful - you had to jam your fingers really hard into your ears to make it bearable, and when it was winding down and you took your fingers out, you discovered it was still painfully loud! One girl actually jumped straight from her chair under her desk in shock on one occasion.

I'm sure if there was a real fire people could have been in trouble, because it numbed your brain - you couldn't think straight while the thing was going, let alone act rationally to escape.

I'd like something I can fit in my car, and in the boot, that's unbearable - I once heard my car alarm's pathetic beeping when I was walking from the train to the station carpark, and found three blokes helping themselves to my stuff, ignoring the alarm - I shouted and ran towards them and they ran to their car and drove off. Luckily! :confused:

Cheers,

Howard

HDRW said:
I'd like something I can fit in my car, and in the boot, that's unbearable -

how about something like this
horntruck1.jpg

yes they do work:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back