Faulty ceiling spotlight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have one spotlight not working in a set of 10 - all sunken into a ceiling.

I replaced the bulb but the one spot still doesn't work??

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
And its always been like this ? or it used to work ? and they are mains ? or they are SELV ? and they all have their own transformers ? etc, etc.

Swap it with a working lamp, don't always assume that new things are never defective.

Failing that, some of the above may help.....

Pull the wire that the bulb attaches to - see if theres a transformer attached to it. If there is, replace said transformer.

If the fitting is solid (no dangly wire), simply pull it from the ceiling and if a transformer falls out after it, there's the culprit.

However, as bathjobby said, if may be a dud bulb.

If it is a 12V downlighter then is is not unknown for the lampholder to burn out. These are dead easy to replace and cost about 12p

Sponsored Links
Hello, I turned on our bathroom lights yesterday evening and only one of the 6 12V 50W bulbs came on. I've changed one bulb and confirmed that it's not a faulty bulb. I hope its not the transformer as it means lifting carpets and flooring to find it! Any ideas anyone please?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back