Faulty central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am not too conversant with plumbing/water/heating etc but, I have a Suprima 60 boiler (don't laugh). The heated water is stored in a tank housed in the cupboard in the bathroom on the first floor. Just outside this cupboard is a small radiator, which, even in the summer when the CH button is turned to "off" gives out heat. I was told that this is an overflow valve type thing - correct? So far, no problems until this week, despite the CH being turned to off and the thermostat turned down to nil I found a little bit of heat coming from the radiators in both bedrooms on the first floor - surely this is not right? I had the three-way-valve replaced a year ago ................ any ideas? Please keep answers simple as I only have to look at a radiator for it to malfunction!

Sponsored Links
HI, I too have little knowledge about plumbing < watch all the plumbers reply to this now >. I had something similar and was told that the last rad on the circuit was used to vent pressure to to stop boiler over pressurising. Don`t know if this helps any.

bathroom rad may be connected for summer operation to dry towels when heating is off, other rads getting hot would be 3port valve letting by or system piped wrong

If it bothers you then turn the rad off on one of its valves!

Tony

Sponsored Links
as its only just now started, its the 3port for definite. turn water and heat off for an hour or so, then turn on the hot only. if the heat branch of the 3port heats up over a foot away from the valve, then the valves had it. you may get luck and only need the service kit for the valve and get away with a repair for £15

is there meant to be a word after "hot" on the second line should it read "hot tap"?
Ta for the help though.

should have read: turn on hot water at clock only.

no need to run tap, you just need to demand hot water and see what route it takes through valve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back