Faulty Flushing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently installed for a customer a twyford Alcona Pan & Cistern, she is saying that it should remove all the 'skid marks' , the cistern is on maximum settings & i put toilet duck around the flush area & it removed all the toilet duck. She is claiming the toilet is faulty & threatening legal action stating the the goods are not up to standard. Any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
If she takes you to court be sure to post the paperwork here :LOL:

A change of diet not pan may be the best advice :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Well someone's up sh¡t creek without a brush :LOL: not you though. Advise her to call Twyford and get them to come out and inspect it as, if the pan is faulty, it's a warranty issue and they will need to see. Try to be there at the meeting, and try to keep a straight face :LOL: :LOL:

Better still:

Ask her to write a diary of the people in the house, what they all eat and how many times they use the toilet per day/week. Ask for pictures of the skid marks. Say you need all of this to send to the manufacturer.

Without the above information the manufacturer won't honour the product.

What has happened is that they have told someone of their new toilet, them told them the price. And as a good friend they have said "you should of asked me, I have a builder who could of done that for half the price"

Andy.

. She is claiming the toilet is faulty & threatening legal action stating the the goods are not up to standard. Any ideas ?
Yes , you`ve got a classic try it on merchant - tell her to sue you PDQ or you will be suing her for the labour £ through the small claims court :idea:

Cant you phone her up and say that you have an inspector and two technicians from Twyford coming to assess the situation and they need to see the problem, can she curl one out prior to their arrival? If this is not possible perhaps you should ust pop around for the cash!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back