faulty motorized valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all,
i have a slight problem with my boiler. looking at previous posts it sounds like a faulty motorised valve. (hot water....CH not comming on) my problem is........what does it look like? do i have one? i have a potterton combi 80 and have replaced the room thermostat after which it worked for a while and then stopped again?

any help would be great......thanks

Sponsored Links
Type "motorised valve" into a search engine like google or look at the honeywell site. Then when you've seen a picture you can look round your system.

thanks for the prompt reply

ive looked but i cant see it or anything like it. could it be a different system?
oh, if i manualy operate the switch (with a insulated screwdriver) inside the room stat, then the heating comes on. could it be something else?

all the best

sounds as though the room stat is faulty if you can over ride it and the CH functions.
You should be able to hear it clicking 'on' and 'off'.
You can always remove it ( after removing all power & making note of connections) and check with continuity meter as you turn it up.
If you do a search on room thermostats you may find information of interest
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
i thought that it might be faulty (thermostat) and i have replaced it twice now. new one works fine......next morning no response again. i thought that i might have bought a faulty unit but the same happened to the second stat as well, no `click` either.
maybe a faulty switch/relay ect on the board? dont know......!!

thanks again

OK then, lets have some info, what type of boiler do you have, ie make and model? Is it a sealed system? etc

sorted.

bought a decent digital thermostat and all seems to be well.
thanks for the advice anyway.

all the best

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back