Faulty PIR?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My problem is that the outside lights that are activated by a single PIR seam to by constantly on. When they should usually go off with the timer there is a slight flicker but the lights stay on.

Could this be down to a faulty PIR or is it something to do with the lights themselves?

Cheers,
Ian

Sponsored Links
My problem is that the outside lights that are activated by a single PIR seam to by constantly on. When they should usually go off with the timer there is a slight flicker but the lights stay on.

Could this be down to a faulty PIR or is it something to do with the lights themselves?

Cheers,
Ian

with the PIR usually

I will start my quest with the PIR then :)

Cheers

Sponsored Links
It could be a function of the PIR some have the facility to wire a remote switch to overide the PIR this is done by turning the switch on-off-on in quick succesion to leave the lights permanently on, if there is a momentary loss of power sometimes these ones get fooled into staying on. Check the instructions

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back