Faulty pump on Hoover Washing Machine AL130?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our washing machine will not empty, although when empty it will spin and it will fill up.
Does this mean the pump is faulty and needs to be changed? (I've already tried cleaning the filter, and clearing out and cleaning out the hoses that are connected to the pump)
Any ideas??

Sponsored Links
Presuming it does not run during the cycle, is it free to turn by hand? If so & you can establish that it is receiving a voltage, then it is a fair assumtion that it is faulty

Thanks for your reply - I'd checked that it was connected for power and your comments back pretty much confirmed my thoughts, so thanks again for replying. ps the washer is 7 years old, so maybe the pump has done well to last so long!?

have you removed the pump from the pump housing to check if the impeller is stuck (it can be something really teeny to stop it)
Or if when the filter is out can you turn the impeller easily by hand (a screwdriver helps)

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for the suggestion but I did move the impeller round and according the website I ought to have been able to do this to 180 degrees before meeting any resistance & it was as the website said - so I'm thinking new pump which I get, delivered for £14.00, which I don't think is too bad, especially as I'm sure that I could fit it myself - I appreciate all the advice on this one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back