Faulty Pump?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Im not sure if i have a faulty pump or if the pump has been wired up wrong however the central heating works fine as does the hot water, they are both on a timer & the thermostat works. The problem we have is that the pump continuiously works & never shuts down even when the hot water & heating are off. Now im not sure how much of a problem this is but i know its not right.

Sponsored Links
You will need to tell us where the pump derives its power from.

Tony

Hi

The Pump is connected into a junction box along with the timer, room stat, hot water tank stat & some oher which i guess are the boiler. Sorry to sound a bit vauge but im not sure as its not been touch since we moved in around a year ago.

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if the boiler may control the pump and it may be a boielr fault causing the continual running.

However, if you are unable to decide where the pump is powered from I dont see that you are likely to be able to fix it yourself and a competent engineed may be required.

Tony

Well that model should control the pump and its a known fault of the pump running continually.

However, neither you nor I know how your boiler has actually been connected!

Tony

If it is a fault with the boiler, is it something that can be fixed, or will it need replacing?
Sorry but i have no idea on these things.

If it is a fault with the boiler, is it something that can be fixed, or will it need replacing?
Sorry but i have no idea on these things.

It can be fixed by a competent boiler engineer.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back