Faulty pump?

Pump overrun from the boiler.
If there is an ideal boiler in the mix it is nearly always the ideal boiler.
Ideal. Yuck.

Sponsored Links
you may have another that may also have a fault with it, moving the leaver a few times can make a possible stuck micro switch inside the head pop back out. this is only a temporary thing to turn it off until there is a demand.

From the sounds of it you may need a new 2301 head but i advise you to get a gas installer out to check the voltages and replace if needed. The cause can be something else on the system a clock not turning off, back feed from somewhere.

Thanks - Just found another valve (Drayton) and checked that it was turning the valve ok when I put the heating on.

So if the only job for these electrical heads is to open and close the valves, they seem to be doing this just fine. Also when I remove the electrical heads and turn the valves manually, the pump continues to run and the boiler is still coming on/off all the time.

If the problem is with the pump overrun circuit on my boiler, is this an expensive fix? Just working out what to do next.

Thanks again,
Rich.

So if the only job for these electrical heads is to open and close the valves, they seem to be doing this just fine. Also when I remove the electrical heads and turn the valves manually, the pump continues to run and the boiler is still coming on/off all the time.

If the problem is with the pump overrun circuit on my boiler, is this an expensive fix? Just working out what to do next.

Thanks again,
Rich.

The actuator heads also fire the boiler (usually)
if the boiler is also firing intermitantly then as already mentioned suspect a problem with external controls or associated wiring (this includes the valve microswitches)
It could also be an internal fault in the boiler but this is easily checked by disconecting the call for heat (L2)at the boiler terminal plug
if the boiler then stops firing (which it should) then it's an external problem

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back