Faulty shower temperature control fix ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all

Just updated the plumbing by installing a new shower, fed by a dual pump, which in turn now has the hot water supplied via a Salamander S Flange in the top of the hot water cylinder. The pump is installed on the floor next to the hot water cylinder.

All pressures are fine but I can only get lukewarm water from the shower head, even with the temperature selector set fully to maximum heat.

I slackend the hot water connection at the at the rear of the shower control to allow water to escape. This was as hot as the water being delivered at the bath and sink taps.

Is there some adjustment possible to the (new) shower control or should it be returned to B&Q ?

Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions

Sponsored Links
A lot of mixers have a max temp setting that can be adjusted what make/model is it ?

Thanks for the prompt reply.

The installation is actually at my sons house and I cant remember offhand. I will find out tomorrow.

Much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Have you checked the instructions for temp adjustment ?
Not sure of this mixer it's more likely a rebranded make.

Useally they'll have a max temp ring under the temp control dial
This is done by repositioning the temp dial to gain hotter max temp.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back