Faulty Stop Tap - drop in pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently installed a new kitchen tap, isolating the cold supply from the main incoming stop tap and the hot supply at the combi boiler. When I turned the stop tap back on it didn´t engage as expected, rather nothing happened when I turned it a small amount, then I heard a bang before hearing water flowing through.

Now when someone is having a shower (for example), and someone turns on the cold tap or flushes the toilet, the shower looses considerable pressure. Shower is connected to the combi.

What might I have done for this to happen. Could the stop tap jumper/washer be stuck half-open meaning I´m not getting full pressure to all appliances.

Can just the tap jumper/washer be replaced or is it easier to replace the entire stop tap

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Did you get the same cold pressure on kitchen tap when you turned the stop tap back on.

Sponsored Links
Have you tried closing the stop tap and reopening it a few times while one of the cold taps is turned on full.
If it is sticking that might help shake things up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back