Faulty Worcester 24 CDI boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,I have a Worcester 24CDI RSF combi boiler.When you switch on after a couple seconds the DHW demand indicator flashes fast.If you then switch off and back on again the fan tries to turn but stops.Then after about 15 times switching on and off it's as if the bearing in the motor of the fan has had some oil put on it and starts to work properly and so the boiler then fires up. I have changed the air pressure switch but no difference.Any advice please.

Sponsored Links
On that model a DIYer can safely replace the APS.

However, I suspect that you have also been poking about inside the combustion chamber which should only be opened by a gas registered engineer.

My advice would therefore be to call an engineer to check the cause of the fault and ensure that its safe to use.

Tony

its an airflow problem

check outside at the flue, are there any obstructions to the flue(ivy, bushes etc)

You can t touch or look at the fan or whether the heat exch is furred as agile said! call in a pro or ring worcester £215 fixed fee

Many Thanks to Agile and boilerdoktor, I am going to get an expert in to repair but I like to have a idea about what the problem is before hand.As the saying goes knowledge is power.Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Appoligies if it sounds like I am trying to get one over on whoever comes to repair my boiler.I just like to have a basic idea whats going on when I have people coming to do work in my house.I don't think that is unreasonable.

That seems to me to indicate a distrust of boiler engineers in general and if it was myself coming to you then that would include me!

There are certainly some rogues in our industry but they are really very few indeed. Most of the difficulties are as a result of a lack of diagnostic skill rather than an intention to defraud.

Neither you nor I know exactly whats wrong with your boiler. I would only know when I had tested your boiler to diagnose the fault.

I know some people on this forum love to junp in and say whats wrong with a boiler. As we cannot tell for sure these are only guesses and I dont see that they are very helpful.

Tony

I think advising the customer to arrange a manufacturers fixed rate visit is by far the best solution. Worcester fixed price repair includes all parts and call back guarantees. Its a rather large organisation.

Not bearly enough fault finding information in this post to hazard a guess.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back