FCU and single socket in double socket mounting box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have an existing spur which is a double socket which I would like to convert in to a single socket with a 13 a fused spur and just wondered if anyone knows if there is a 13A FCU and single socket face plate that fits an existing double socket mouting box... I only ask as it would make my life slightly easier not having to bash my walls around too much.

Thanks for any help,

Rob

Sponsored Links
Not with the existing back box, a double socket is not as wide as two single accessories, there are twin single accessory back boxes available which are a little bit wider. On the wiring, is this on the ring or a radial circuit? What are you intending to do?
AP636.JPG

You cannot fit two accessories onto an unfused spur from the ring.

Sponsored Links
GET do a range called "rocca modular" which allows you to have sockets along with other stuff on the same plate, so you could have a switch a fuse and a socket on a two gang plate.

i belive homebase sell the stuff ready built up in various combinations under some own brand name (note: the stuff homebase sell as rocca is the non-modular rocca stuff) you could easilly dismantle one of thier double socket combinations and thier FCU combinations and use the bits to build what you want.

cue the arguments over whether such a modular arrangement counts as a single accessory or not ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back