FCU but with breaker not a fuse?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The lights in my Utility room are GU10 halogens and the circuit is fed from a 5A FCU from the ring. This FCU also feeds the garage lighting circuit comprising a couple of tube flourescents. The problem is, whenever a GU10 lamp blows it usually blows the fuse with it, and this obviously also takes out the garage lights. The FCU is in the utility room which has no natural light so it means fumbling around with a torch to change the fuse.

I was wondering if there is such a thing as an FCU but with a breaker rather than a fuse, that I could replace it with?

Sponsored Links
Not that I know of with the type of breaker you want, have you considered compact fluorescent (aka energy saving) lamps?

Sponsored Links
Just thought I'd go totally over the top.

Belt and braces, you know the stuff.

Still makes me laugh, using a plug in RCD for electric lawnmowers when the circuit powering it is RCD protected anyway. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back