FCU for SELV Shower Fan & Light?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I'm installing a 12V SELV shower fan & light (with timer, Manrose one) in my bathroom - was going to wire from lighting circuit via a 3 pole isolator mounted outside the bathroom - had a quick read of the instructions and it asks for a 3A DP Sw FCU. Other than probably invalidating my warranty is there any need for this given the 3 pole - regs-wise that is? Had a look on the website and they seem to put the same wording in for every product.

Thanks,
M

Sponsored Links
I would get round the problem this way, feed both the bathroom light AND the fan off a 3amp fused spur taken off the ring circuit, if the ring is RCD protected, (like my own one), then you will be on the way to comply with the 17th edition due around the corner from now.

The three pole isolator can be placed between the FCU / Light and Fan, and wired accordingly. Use three core and earth between the light and fan, with red for permanent live, yellow for switched live, and blue for neutral return. (or modern equivalents).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back