Fein Mulimaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I making 3 wooden cupboards for my daughter and her boyfriend's new house. Im looking at the Fein multimaster limited edition to help. Does anyone have any experience with this item and could you let me know if this is a good deal?

http://www.websterpowerproducts.co....rded-tools/multi-tools/fein-fmm250q-le-detail

I have order from them before and they are reliable but I don't wont to phone there sales line because they will not tell me any flaws with the machine and just try to sell even if its not right for me.

Many Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
What exactly are you hoping it will do for you?

Hi.

The wood is quite old and has a few screws that I would need to cut and sand (I will prob need to sand the whole unit), sawing and joints.

I know the multimaster has the blades for this as it is described but have never used the machine before and need som advice.

Thanks for your reply.

Sponsored Links
What exactly are you hoping it will do for you?

Hi.

The wood is quite old and has a few screws that I would need to cut and sand (I will prob need to sand the whole unit), sawing and joints.

I know the multimaster has the blades for this as it is described but have never used the machine before and need som advice.

Thanks for your reply.
From your fairly vague description I would say the multimaster would be totally unsuitable.

I making 3 wooden cupboards for my daughter and her boyfriend's new house. Im looking at the Fein multimaster limited edition to help. Does anyone have any experience with this item and could you let me know if this is a good deal?

http://www.websterpowerproducts.co....rded-tools/multi-tools/fein-fmm250q-le-detail

I have order from them before and they are reliable but I don't wont to phone there sales line because they will not tell me any flaws with the machine and just try to sell even if its not right for me.

Many Thanks in advance.

Can you please stop here, start again with a fresh post and just get to the red meat of the issue

Harbourwoodwork";p="2611110 said:
Can you please stop here, start again with a fresh post and just get to the red meat of the issue

Sorry, this is thr first time I have undertook any DIY projects so sorry for being vauge but I will try to explain.

Basically I have no tools (ie saws, sanders etc). I have a stack of old wood that I was looking to turn into cupboards. The wood is very old and looks like it will need a bit of work. There is a large number nails in the wood that just wont come out and will need to be cut/sawed, all the wood will need to be sanded and I will need to cut the wood to size.

Instead of going out to buy all the tools I need I was told that I should check out the fein multimaster Limited Edition as it does all these jobs. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience of using it for any of the jobs I will need it for and if it is any good.

PS. Also if the deal I linked to was good or if there is a better one anyone knows of

The Fein is designed for small cut off actions like removing timber in situ, if you are using second hand timber all nails and screw will need removing, you can't plane down or sand to a reasonable standard with metal in the way.

This isn't the right tool for you....to start with, if the planks are very rough then you'll need a belt sander to get through the top layers of dirt / paint etc. After that maybe a 1/4 sheet orbital sander would suffice.
To cut the planks to length either buy a quality hand saw, bench hook and try square or go for a chop saw....one with a sliding arm would be better.
A smoothing plane is essential too.
To glue planks side to side you'll need some sash cramps, to cut housing joints or rebates you'll need quality chisels and a tenon saw (or a router).
The list can be just about endless, and it depends how far you want to go, and how much you want to spend!
John :)

woody188887";p="2611298 said:

Sorry, this is thr first time I have undertook any DIY projects so sorry for being vauge but I will try to explain.

Basically I have no tools (ie saws, sanders etc). I have a stack of old wood that I was looking to turn into cupboards. The wood is very old and looks like it will need a bit of work. There is a large number nails in the wood that just wont come out and will need to be cut/sawed, all the wood will need to be sanded and I will need to cut the wood to size.

Hi woody
first the Fein multy tool, a great bit of kit for the trade ,If your a weekend chippie I would say they are overspeced for your use,Bosch do one a lot cheaper, but it it sounds like you could redirectyour funds to more usefull kit:chop saw, sander,etc.........
second:reclaimed timber is a hell of a challenge for all the obvious reasons, and conclude its the look you are going for and it can be achieved.
Post some designs and we can take it a bit further

Instead of going out to buy all the tools I need I was told that I should check out the fein multimaster Limited Edition as it does all these jobs. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience of using it for any of the jobs I will need it for and if it is any good.

PS. Also if the deal I linked to was good or if there is a better one anyone knows of

Hi woody
first the Fein multy tool, a great bit of kit for the trade ,If your a weekend chippie I would say they are overspeced for your use,Bosch do one a lot cheaper, but it it sounds like you could redirectyour funds to more usefull kit:chop saw, sander,etc.........
second:reclaimed timber is a hell of a challenge for all the obvious reasons, and conclude its the look you are going for and it can be achieved.
Post some designs and we can take it a bit further

this is thr first time I have undertook any DIY projects

[/quote]

Not a week-end chippie, never done anything before, so think cupboards are likely to be too much.

Not a week-end chippie, never done anything before, so think cupboards are likely to be too much.[/quote]

you don't have to be a chippie at trhe weekend's ,you just have to want to do it ,then try hard with some technical help.

Not a week-end chippie, never done anything before, so think cupboards are likely to be too much.[/quote]

you don't have to be a chippie at trhe weekend's ,you just have to want to do it ,then try hard with some technical help.[/quote]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back