Felt falls short of gutter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

I'm hoping someone could kindly give some advice.

Back in June I had a roofing firm fit some sarking felt (40s house/didnt have any and we had an issue with wind driven rain). They removed all ridge tiles, including all lime and lats and installed felt before relaying original tiles and ridges + installed new PVC guttering.

All great apart from on the replacement guttering, in one area, the felt falls the tiniest bit short of the guttering, causing rain to fall down the side and drip onto the extension below;

Is there any simple DIY fix anyone can recommend? Wanted to check because I called the firm back out for something that might be a very easy fix myself.

Any help/tips greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Video is private?
Do the tiles not overhang gutter?

Thanks for the reply.

Hopefully the video is showing now?

This is pictures of the roof I got in the summer that shows tiles/gutter which hopefully help?

Attachments

• roof2.jpg
    roof2.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 38
  • roof1.jpg
    roof1.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 39
Video is from below , need view from above .
Would seem the tiles are all short of the gutter , should overhang gutter which they appear not too.?

Sponsored Links
The guttering looks like its too from the wall? You could install some felt support tray to guide the water in to the guttering.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back