Felt or shingles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just deciding on felt or felt shinges for a garden building project. Shingles are going to cost at least 5 times as much by the looks, although maybe not in the long term. I really like the look of shingles, and am trying to get away from the 'shed look'.

The third option I'm curious about is cutting shingle strips myself from a roll of felt. What is the difference between roofing felt and the stuff the tiles are made of?

I've located a cheap local source of IKO 25 year felt, and was considering using the felt as an underlay straight on to the plywood, then laying the self-cut shingle strips on top of that, securing with roofing cement.

The whole lot would cost me 30 quid.

Thanks for reading & any insights offered.

Sponsored Links
I've located a cheap local source of IKO 25 year felt, and was considering using the felt as an underlay straight on to the plywood, then laying the self-cut shingle strips on top of that, securing with roofing cement.
If i were you i would do the least visible part first, by the sounds of it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back