Felt V Fibre glass

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Felt or Fibre glass stuff? What is best for a single storey extension? What lasts longest/ can be walked on if neccessary etc? How do they compare cost wise?

Sponsored Links
Fibreglass is a lot dearer BUT.......have a look at Marley Waterproofing site .via Google :idea: Thanks for the rubbashield link.have saved it ;)

Do you know anyone who has had that type of covering? It looks pretty good and has long life expectancy.

Sponsored Links
I have put it on a new garage/extension and would recommend it. The life expectancy was the most attractive thing to me.

If you want pics of my garage, let me know.

Cheers.

The cost price was comparable with good quality felt but with none of felts inherent problems. I hope to get at least 2 to 3 times felts lifespan out of it so
I thought it good value.
I did not cost against fibreglass because the EPDM appeared to be such a simple diy installation, for me anyway!

Thanks for the help! It sounds good and it will definitely be something | will look into further. Thanks again! :LOL:

we nearly always spec fibre glass for our loft conversions nowadays, mainly because it has such a long life, also if it does fail its just a case of adding another layer over the top.The only thing is I wouldn't want to have to rip one off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back