fence help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

This is my first post so please be kind! :)

I have lived in a vic terrace house for 8 years but never done much to the back yard. There was some trellis fencing attached to a boundary wall (by posts as there are cap stones) on the left side and so lapboard fencing attached by posts on the right. As the fencing was trellis, we stapled some bamboo screening a few years ago for privacy but its all falling to bits.

Today we have taken the left side down to see what we are working with and the wall doesnt look great. I cant afford to redo the wall at this point.

If we were to attach new fencing to posts bolted to the concrete, how do we get it level as the garden is on a slight slope.

Also, what would be the best plan of action for the corner (pic attached) where they seem to have nailed lots of wood to other bits of wood to fix the current gate. Its all a bit loose!

Thanks muchly!

Carrie

Attachments

• DSC_1657.JPG
    DSC_1657.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC_1656.JPG
    DSC_1656.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC_1654.JPG
    DSC_1654.JPG
    225.5 KB · Views: 105
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hi

This is my first post so please be kind! :)

If we were to attach new fencing to posts bolted to the concrete, how do we get it level as the garden is on a slight slope.

Thanks muchly!

Carrie
Right I see now - so you're thinking of putting the posts into those square metal sockets that then bolt down to the concrete slab on the ground, in front of the wall and free standing - but the concrete slopes - so just pack under the gap on one side of the plate after you have uprighted the posts - you could either drive some wedges ( hardwood ideally) in and then fill the gap with 2 part resin you can get it in screwfix, (it comes in a tube that goes in a mastic gun they will help you out. ) That will take up the uneven gap under the bolt down socket. You can even mix the resin with some clean sand to bulk it if the gap is quite big. I've done this myself before.
Not so sure about the gate yet......

Yes they would large diameter ones, - good idea and cheaper(y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back