Fence panel and concrete board to house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have this very small section between the newly built extension and first fence post. It's my side of the fence so I plan to replace all panels, while putting concrete boards in.

I don't think I can easily put a concrete post in against the house due to foundations getting in the way.

I have seen these galvanised gravel board clips and fence panel clips.

Could I simply screw these clips directly onto the side of the house, straight into the brick and fix the board and panel that way???

fence1.jpg
fence2.jpg

Sponsored Links
Concrete post would be a waste in that location, given that you already have something substantial to attach it to, and the loadings will be small enough not to worry about. You are presumably going to have to make up your own panel [or cut one down] anyway, for that gap? I am assuming you're covering the gap rather than overlapping a full-size panel with the side of your extension.

Sponsored Links
Concrete post would be a waste in that location, given that you already have something substantial to attach it to, and the loadings will be small enough not to worry about. You are presumably going to have to make up your own panel [or cut one down] anyway, for that gap? I am assuming you're covering the gap rather than overlapping a full-size panel with the side of your extension.
Yep going to have to make a panel by cutting one down, just plan to cover the gap not overlap.

This looks great, assuming a concrete gravel board will also slot into this and provide a good enough fixing.
you could always use a wooden board. Treated timber, to last as long as you need it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back