Fence post slighty off level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

hope someone can help, i had some wind damage the other day and it blew out a few fence panels (6x5). im getting some new ones but some of the concrete posts are not quite level. Any tips on getting them straight without digging them up and re-fitting them??

Thanks,

Joseph

Sponsored Links
Just push them back into position. Unfortunately the next gust of wind you get will take them all out again - no - I reckon the only way to do this is to get the posts bedded in the ground properly. Once the weakness is there you can't fix it.

Hello Ian,

I know what your saying but the posts are pretty solid, i guess im trying to wuss out of a bit of hard work but if theres any other way i would like to try that first. Failing that its a jack hammer to get the posts out. :cry:

thanks

joseph

joseph77 said:
Failing that its a jack hammer to get the posts out
There's a chance that the jack hammer could damage your concrete post with the vibration. Maybe you could take away most of the supporting concrete with a big angle grinder and lump hammer - leaving as little of it around the post itself. Then set the posts back in with new concrete.

Sponsored Links
Just dig round the outside of the concrete approx 100mm (support the post first ) then as you say pour new concrete.

Hello Masona,

Cheers for that, heres my plan, dig around the post, level post, new concrete, bobs your uncle.

Thanks again,

Joeseph

If you don't want to use concrete, you can use post-mix, pour it then add water and set in 10 mins.

Hello All,

Job now done, it turned out the posts wer'nt concreted in at all - that made my job so much easier but it also explains why they wer'nt level in the first place!!. Also power washed the paths/patio. looks proper now for summer, all im waiting for now is some hot weather :cool: .

thank you all

joseph

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back