fence post too close to house?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My house is a detached one built around 1993. My neighbour has just had the garden fence replaced (concrete post replacing wooden ones). At one end of the fence, the concrete post is just next (very close) to the wall of my house. I don't know how deep a hole the workmen had drilled and how much of the post had been placed underground. The fence itself may be 1.8m-2m tall.

My concern is would this post affect the foundation of the house in any way?

thanks!

Sponsored Links
if there is a strong wind the fence may blow down and flip your house over on its side

sorry if my question sounds daft. but the workman said it took a long time to drill cos it is all concrete. So I am a bit worried that it could have hit the foundation?

Sponsored Links
Some people on here worry about some stupid things :D Realy how could a concrete fence post do any harm to foundations. If he fixed the post to the house it could flip the house with strong wind trust me I have seen it happen to a caravan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back