Fencing... bolt downs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've seen a few posts about fencing and using bolt down shoes for securing fence posts in... I'm planning on using these at the weekend for putting up a 1.7m (5 1/2 ft) tall fence in my back garden

The overall width of the fence will be 5m, and I have the house and a garage to secure the end posts to with L brackets (as well as using the bolt downs). I've got 4 bolt downs at 1.5m apart. the bolt downs will be secured into a concrete wall, with m10 (75mm) rawlbolts.

The main reason for using bolt downs is to make the most of the limited space I have in the garden (I removed a hedge that was eating into the space), otherwise I would have considered cementing them in..

any advice greatfully received (so long as nobody says it's a daft idea ;)

cheers
Roddy

Sponsored Links
dont do it is the most useful and pertinent advice i can give

Sponsored Links
hmmm, I think I'd answered my own question before I started....

cheers for the replies, the bolt downs are going back for a refund (or swap for some cement ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back