Fencing on sloped ground

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to put in a 50 metre fence but the ground is not flat. It is on a hump that goes up about half a metre to the middle then curves down for about a metre.
Does any one have any advice on how to do the job so it doesn't look too crap.
I want to use concrete fence posts and propably featheredge fencing.

Many thanks

Tim

Sponsored Links
when you say featheredge i assume you mean closebaord with arris rails, rather than panels? What distance is the curve over?

Is it wise to use close board fencing for a sloped area then? Or staggered panels? Is there a big difference in cost?

Sponsored Links
with closeboard fencing you can slope it and the gravel board to suit the gradient of the land. With a panel, each one needs to be level and so you need to cover the gradient in steps. can be a problem on very sloping ground. As for cost, closeboard will be more expensive but gives a much better finish and fence. Whatever you use get the stuff from a fencing supply company, not from the sheds. Its much better quality and will last years longer for a little extra cost.

In answer to your question tim, you can follow the curve of the land, and level through it if necessary so the gravel board sits a little into the soil. The gravel board is sacrificial so it doesnt matter too mech and can be replaced in years to come.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back