FENSA?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
Just approaching the weeks to final inspection of the 'self build' new extension, build above ex garage, 1 bed with walk in wardrobe, small landing, shower room..
Originally we hadn't planned to install a skylight (velux type) but to add light to the landing we had one installed just as the roof went on. We checked this with Planning, they ok'd before the roof works began.

Starting to panic now because reading plans they state all glazing needs FENSA registration - asuming we need this, who do I approach about registration - The Roofer, The Window supplier, or what if I just bought it off ebay and put the roof on myself..
Anyone help
Cheers
David

Sponsored Links
Assuming you are having the works inspected by Building Control then they can inspect the windows to make sure they comply. The cost of approval includes the checking of windows.

If you buy the windows yourself and install yourself you will need to ensure they comply with the Building Regulations (and be able to prove just in case your Inspector asks).

You can use a Fensa supplier but in order to get the Fensa Certificate the supplier must install the window but frankly I see little advantage in going down this route.

People writing 'use a Fensa approved window fitter' on Building Regs drawings do not really understand the process.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back