Fer Falcon - buner on - burner off.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Would appreciate your advice. I've read some posts but this is my first post.

Had this combi since i moved in. Not had any probs but will probably change it next year when kitchen is done.

Yesterday it would not fire up for either hot water or central heating. I can usually hear the fan but it seemed silent (or very quiet :D ) The green fault light was flashing over the bar sign. Pressure in the boiler was 1 bar so i used the reset button and ran the hot tap. I was certain i could hear the fan but still nothing. I though i would remove the cover to see if the fan was turning. I wasnt going to touch anything as i've read that that should be done by a rgi.

Cover off, the fan was turning and suddendly the burner lit !! I put the cover back on and the burner went off, cover back off and it lit again...

Any ideas to the problem. 6 months ago the air pressure switch was replaced.

Ben

update. called local plumber. He says its probably a rotten tube in the fan assembly and the whole fan and 'tube' needs replacing. Told me this combi is no longer made anymore so the part is difficult to get. Quoted £150 plus fitting. Does this seem ok.

Sponsored Links
Slow fan or damaged / blocked venturii. Best to get someone in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back