Fernox filter question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My nan has this filter I have attached below and she asked me to find out what she needs to do with it.

I am guessing you turn the supply off then remove part of it then add some chemical cleaning liquid?

I tried looking on google but I couldn't find quite what I was looking for. Can someone tell me what it is called please?

Attachments

• PXL_20230426_113709815~3.jpg
    PXL_20230426_113709815~3.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 60
Sponsored Links
Good grief, not seen one of them in a long time, and only ever seen one, It's an old fernox limescale reducer If I remember - Called a quantimate or something like that. Used to use a proprietary powder additive to reduce scale.

It's a long time obsolete, only thing you could do with it really is remove it.

Yeah it's to do with the central heating.

Lol yeah probably fitted 10-15 years ago. I am glad you said that because I just boxed it in!

Appreciate the info. Thanks mate.

Sponsored Links
It is a fernox Quontomat, nothing to do with the central heating, it is an old lime scale reducer on the domestic water pipes not the central heating pipes

Ok thanks for clearing that up. The confusion was that they installed it at the same time as the central heating. I haven't even really looked at it to be honest. I am just asking on my nans behalf.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back