Ferolli Optima 701 problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all,
I have the above boiler which after returning from holiday is not kicking in with the burner.
I have replaced the fan assembly as it had been on its way out for some time and also replaced the air pressure switch and it's still the same.
The burner will not kick in. The fan kicks in full speed but no main burner.
There are two vacuum pipes on the air pressure switch. If I remove the one that is fitted to the air sealed section where the burner is located in the burner kicks in and stays on. If I remove the other pipe that is connected to a small metal fitting on top of the main burner within the air sealed section and suck it a little and hold the burner kicks in but once connected back up it drops out again.
I assume it works on a vacuum system somehow but not sure where to go with it now.
Any help would be appreciated. This forum has been great over the years in solving my issues but not seen this one yet.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back