Ferroli Boiler Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with my 8 month old Ferroli boiler which their engineer is claiming is not down to a fault in the boiler so in effect they have walked away. Briefly when the heating system is first put on I would expect the burner to be on max. There is a visual display which goes up to 5 indicator bars. What happens is that it rises to no more than 3 bars and then drops down to 1, it can then fluctuate between 3 & 1. I think that if the system is coming on from cold then surely all the burners will ramp up to max and stay there until the whole system reaches the required temperature. Because the burners are dropping from say 3 to 1 the system does eventually heat up but it can take one and a half hours before the house is warm. Once the system is at temperature, all is well and the boiler performs as expected. I think there's something wrong with the boiler but Ferroli do not agree and have said that should I call them out again as the boiler is under warranty, then I will be charged. The fact that the system works once its at the required temperature would indicate that there is not a circulation problem. I would be grateful for any advice as Ferroli consider the boiler to fit & well.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The fact that the system works once its at the required temperature would indicate that there is not a circulation problem.

It would also indicate that there's not a boiler problem.

If it takes as long as you say to initially heat, the first check is circulation. The manufacturer's boiler engineer won't do that for you. At 8 months a reputable installer, who's supplied and fitted it, should be pleased to investigate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back