Ferroli boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My surveyor wants to fit a Ferroli domicondens combi boiler 26HE in my kitchen, are they any good?

Sponsored Links
Everyone under the sun here will condemn them :p

As an honest answer from someone who had one installed (Probably a mistake, but it was family :s )-
Very noisy on slow hot water flow.
Need a degree to program the inbuilt clock.

Other than that it's been running for 18 months. No leaks, explosions, random death or anything else similar. If fitted properly, I suspect you'll get a similar level of reliability out of it to the other cheap and nasty boilers.

Please look for a different boiler these are absolute crap I was asked to install one for an insurance company and this is the only one they would approve as it was a Ferrolli being replaced, the poor customer has called Ferrolli out three times in two months and is still having problems, they are cheap and nasty

Sponsored Links
remember city plumbing ditching selling ferolli, due to all the problems they had. even the large firm that had the warranty repair contract ditched ferolli.
they want credit card details and will take over £100 if they deem the installation the cause. and trust me they will find a fault with it, even if there aint one. i'd change your architect. better still get a decent rgi who knows what there doing.

holty is correct if you call them out for a breakdown under warranty you will have to provide credit card details and they will charge £150 if they deem it to be an installation fault, as I said earlier I have only ever installed one and had to give up my time to attend with the Ferrolli engineer so he didnt rip the customer off, they are absolute rip off merchants I will never install another under any circumstances, the majority of my companies business is breakdown repairs and I dont even like fixing the sh*t they make as all their parts are extortionately expensive

Dont get a Ferroli Mate, I've got a Optimax he31c and had nothing but problems, had a diverter valve, pcb and pump so far and the boilers only a few year old, had the pcb fitted in April this year and it's just gone again this weekend saying its demanding hot water when no taps are switched on. I've had enough and have come on here looking for peoples recommendations for a decent boiler. Steer well clear is my advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back