Ferroli Optima 901

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

My Uncle has had the above boiler in his surgery for the past 7 years or so, it has generally been reliable but now that there is some work being done to the surgery so they are considering doing one of the following:

1. Replace boiler, replace undersized radiators (there are about 4 of these), replace TRV's and of of course get the system flushed etc, replace current Drayton thermostat with a new Honeywell CM927.

2. Keep current boiler, get undersized radiators replaced, get thermostat replaced, get system flushed and replace any faulty TRV's.

Which one is the better option?

The reason the thermostat is going to be replaced is because it can't regulate the temperature very well and the temperature swings from hot to cold.

Note:

The boiler has to be on 82C or else the surgery will not get warm, there is no space for a cylinder and hot water requirements are not very high.

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Get the boiler checked out by an engineer to make sure that it's working properly.
4 undersized rads on a system, are you sure? Better controls are alwaysa good option. Weather compensation on a new condensing boiler keeps the boiler ticking over nicely and avoids the holt/cold scenario.
Make sure that you are getting good advice, i assume that the boiler is serviced annually, but is the guy taking the mickey?

There are 4 rooms which don't get very warm on cold days in winter, the radiators do heat up properly too, I'll have to ask them to do a heat loss calculation in those rooms.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back